THE SUSSEX ECO AWARDS
began in life at The Argus in 2008 and were started by award-winning environmental journalist Sarah Lewis-Hammond.
The categories of Award
From exciting food projects and eco-schools, to inspiring transition town groups and thousands of grass roots campaigners, people all over Sussex are working hard towards a greener, fairer, better world. And we’re here to celebrate that.
Nominate your favourite eco-people now!
From March, SUSSEX ECO AWARDS
ask residents of Brighton and Hove to nominate all your favourite eco-people, and come the summer all the nominations are scrutinised by a highly qualified panel of judges. The whole thing culminates with a big award-giving celebration in September - and you're all invited!
Click HERE to nominate a local person or company.
Some of the Nominees (so far)
and links to info about them
for providing the best solution for turning ALL food waste into nutrient rich compost.
for Eco retrofit of her Lewes home – an inspiring example for others to follow.
Brighton City Car Club
, Head of Moulsecoomb Primary School
, founder of Green People
, eco friendly organic body-care products
Crazy About Organic Chocolate
Dr John Parry
for involvement with the Linklater Pavilion, a centre for the study of environmental change, which is now under construction at the entrance to the Railway Land Local Nature Reserve in the heart of Lewes.
seeks to create cutting edge eco homes, whether new build or refurbishments and to show the public at large how different and better buildings can be if they are designed with sustainability at heart.
- Made from either Bamboo, Organic cotton or Recycled plastic bottles (PET) the E-POUCH ™ is a great choice for companies who want an eco-friendly retail or promotional pouch that is stylish, useful and low-cost. Other products include: Solar powered signage, Lanyards and Phone charms
- company which uses eco friendly cleaning products which don’t compromise the environment.
Harvest Brighton and Hove
- a partnership project which will co-ordinate a city wide, integrated approach to producing more food within the City
Lewes New School
for ecological awareness in educational curriculum
Marian Van Eyk McCain
(born in 1936) – writes on 'wellness,' stress-management, psychology, personal development, women's health and spirituality, conscious, 'zestful' ageing, environmental issues, organic food production and alternative technology.
, former model, author, eco-campaigner, a Liberal Democrat town councillor in Telscombe, East Sussex, and Lib-Dem parliamentary candidate in the last general election.
Nigel’s Eco Store
– Hove-based store providing practical, functional, eco friendly, natural and organic products at reasonable prices
Out Of The Ordinary (Ooto)
is a 3 day eco & family friendly festival set in the beautiful Sussex countryside celebrating the Autumn Equinox. Solar powered stages and wind generators powering fascinating talks and workshops plus children’s activities and a green market place.
- The Ouse Valley Energy Service Company or OVESCo was set up in 2007. The company is an Industrial and Provident Society for community benefit
Pulse Organic Wholefood Store
- Unit 3, Brighton Open Market, Marshalls Row, Sunny South Side, Brighton BN1 4JS. Tel 01273 69 33 55 / 07885 628 837.
, director of LA LUMINATA
Design & Style consultancy
The South Downs Campaign
of East Sussex Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service WRAS
is a free UK journey-share website. On the site you can find people driving the same way as you and get a lift with them, or offer seats in your car to others wanting a lift. Passengers pay the car driver a reasonable contribution to the cost of the journey.