Gardens & wildlife

RHS Minutes 2018-11-07

Minutes of RHS meeting 7th Nov 2018 at Jan's, 58 Richmond Road

Present: Kate R, Kate W, Jan, Barbara, Andrew, Stefania and Rob.

Apologies from Jamie, Miriam, Annie and Eva. Vivien is still in Cyprus.

Rob summarised the September minutes and they were agreed as accurate by those who had been present.

Matter arising: The drug dealing from a Richmond road flat was updated by Andrew as follows - Following police activity around the date of the AGM the flat has been very quiet.

Next meeting: Wednesday 12th December at 8 D'Aubigny Rd, 8pm. Hopefully Rachel Chasseaud (new head of CityClean) will be able to make it.

1) Seasonal Singing: Same route as last year, starting at 6pm, Wed 19th Dec. from bottom of Cat Creep. Rob to get 4 buckets to Barbara for tinselisation and to see if Ted has songsheets. Kate W will bring a lantern or 2 - if you have one please bring it. Additional musicians to be sought through Reporter and Facebook. Annie is asking for Sainsbury's support. Rob will do drinks at Ted and Jane's.

2) Advent Windows: Good response to Miriam's Facebook publicity. Kate R and Miriam to publish map on facebook, with copy for Reporter.

3) Christmas collection for Streetsweeper John. So far £65 raised. Annie will buy big tins of chocs for John, Recycling crew and Refuse crew, with remaining cash going to John. Contributions in envelope to Annie - put your name and e-mail on envelope so Annie can confirm and list name on card.

4) Recycle Right leaflet: Copies available for folk to take (Jan, please hang on to the balancce for other committee folk to have some). Rob will ask Ted to put leaflet onto website where others will be able to access for copies, if that is possible.

5) Community Safety item at AGM was discussed, with window stickers getting wider distribution as a useful 'Community booster'. Agree to take some to drinks after singing, and to offer them via committee. Need to share them around members. Rob and Barbara have one or more dozen.

6) Electric Car Charging Points: Andrew told us of the Council plan to 'roll out' several hundred points associated with lampposts, and one or two in Round Hill. Rob spoke of possible clash with preserving cast iron historic posts, but noted that there are several extruded steel post that could be changed, if change is necessary. We agreed to send letter to Council (Cllr and relevant officers) supporting the scheme. Andrew to draft and circulate.

7) 101 Round Hill Crescent Blue Plaque: Need to contact freeholder, Rob to ask Jamie if he has an address (this proved to be a false trail). Agreed that a plaque of place (hospital) better than person, as Dr Helen Boyle already has a plaque in Hove.

8) Reporter content: Friends of Round Hill group to be publicised. Stefania noted that few of the 40 invited have actually done so. One was concerned that her e-mail address would be shared with other friends - this is not the case, and needs to be stated in Reporter. Seasonal singing with route on cover, Advent windows and map (Miriam), Regular and recurring issues wanted for CityClean boss meeting on 12th Dec. Round Hill Pub piece and advert, Last big tree on ULR gone picture. Plan to seek new trees there and Rich Rd, seeking resident's views. Window stickers available from committee. Planning decision on Belton/Crescent Road site. Electric car charging points?

AOB: Barbara reported that Playsafe refreshments raised £61.11 over the year. Stefania raised the discussion on socials, noting call for weekday evening events, and talk of knitting group, reading group and supper club. Dog Show will be summer and share a Playsafe date (but different time) Barbara announced that 3pm onwards on Saturday 1st December will be her ANNUAL TREE DRESSING PARTY - all committee welcome.

Meeting ended at 9.05pm and some adjourned to the Round Hill for an opening night drink.

Return to the list of RHS MINUTES on our Committee Page

This page was last updated by Ted on 12-Nov-2018
(registered users can amend this page)